سحر الخيال
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم

سحابة الكلمات الدلالية

المواضيع الأخيرة
» الدبلوم التطبيقي المتطور للحاسب الالي بشهادة معتمدة دوليا
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1السبت أكتوبر 06, 2012 7:46 pm من طرف علي الشامي

» عرض شهر رمضان المبارك "مركز روح الابداع للتدريب
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1الخميس أغسطس 23, 2012 6:06 pm من طرف احلام العمر

» شات ندى العرب
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1السبت يوليو 21, 2012 6:51 am من طرف علي الشامي

» قصه رائعة ومترحمة
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1الأربعاء يوليو 18, 2012 10:28 am من طرف ابو احمد الاسدي

» رابط هكر لمنتدى سحر الخيال احذروو
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1الخميس يونيو 07, 2012 9:23 am من طرف علي الشامي

» يوتيوب علي الشامي https://www.youtube.com/my_webcam
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1الإثنين مايو 28, 2012 9:48 am من طرف علي الشامي

» شات كوكب القمر شات كوكب القمر شات كوكب القمر شات كوكب القمرhttp://trial.123flashchat.com/rany/
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1السبت مايو 26, 2012 4:32 pm من طرف علي الشامي

» حلول نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1الجمعة مايو 11, 2012 8:48 pm من طرف ابو احمد الاسدي

» نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا
نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Icon_minitime1الجمعة مايو 11, 2012 8:45 pm من طرف ابو احمد الاسدي

مايو 2024
الإثنينالثلاثاءالأربعاءالخميسالجمعةالسبتالأحد

اليومية اليومية

التبادل الاعلاني

انشاء منتدى مجاني

بغداد
الترتيب الاجمالي للمنتدى

نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا

اذهب الى الأسفل

نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا Empty نموذج رقم 3 وزاري مهم جدا

مُساهمة  ابو احمد الاسدي الجمعة مايو 11, 2012 8:45 pm

REPUBLIC OF IRAQ – Ministry of Education Sample Test 3
Examination in English for Intermediate Schools Time: 3 Hours
Note: Answer all the questions

Reading comprehension (25 marks)
Q1. Read the following texts and complete the exercises.
A- Festival
There was a festival in our local park to raise awareness about the environment. My friends and I offered to help. There was live music and we decided to give talks about climate change. My friend Sami said we should also show films. It was a really nice day. We all had fun and helped the world at the same time. I would like to do it again next year.
ABIR

Exhibition
I'm a member of the art club in my school. We had an exhibition of paintings and photographs about illness. We invited the parents, the teachers and many doctors. A lot of people came. They liked our work. Everyone paid some money to see what we made. All the money was given to our local hospital to buy some new machines.
ZUHAIR

Sale
A sale was organised at our school this week. Everyone got something from home to sell for charity. The students brought lots of games and the teachers brought lots of books. But the most popular items on sale were the sweets! After the sale the students decided to give the money to the homeless.
MR AZIZ

1- Are these sentences true (T), false (F)? (5 M.)
a- The art exhibition raised awareness about the environment.
b- The parents came to the sale.
c- Zuhair does not like artistic activities.
d- Mr Aziz decided to donate money to the homeless.
e- Abir cares about the world.

2- Answer the following questions. (10 M.)
a- Who is a teacher?
b- Who raised money for ill people?
c- Who decided to show films?
d- Who likes to do volunteer work?
e- What did most people buy at the sale?

B- The famous writer Charles Dickens was born near London in 1812. At school he was a clever child and enjoyed reading from a very young age. In his late teens he even invented stories of his own for fun.
Around this time, Dickens's family became poor and he had to work for ten hours a day in a dirty factory. The work was hard and the workers were treated unfairly. When his own family was wealthy again and he no longer had to work, Dickens did not forget what he had experienced. He was very caring and he wanted to help those who were less lucky than himself.
He became an author and published many books about the suffering of the poor. The books made him immediately famous and people all around the world were reading what he had to say. The success of Dickens's stories made politicians try to improve working conditions for the poor in Britain.

Choose the correct answer. (10 M.)
1- Dickens was born in ............................... . (Wales – Scotland – England)
2- Dickens worked ................................ as a teenager. (in a bookshop – in a school – in a factory)
3- Charles Dickens was famous for his work ................................ (in a factory – as a writer – as a politician)
4- Dickens was interested in helping the poor because ............................... .
(he was a doctor – he knew how difficult their lives could be – he wanted to earn money)
5- The success of his stories had a direct influence on ........................... . (politicians – Londoners – the wealthy)
Use of English (30 marks)
Q2. Grammar (12 marks)
A- Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in the Past Simple and Past Continuous. (4 M.)
Last Monday morning, my mum (1- listen) ........................ to the radio and I (2- have) ........................ breakfast when the postman (3- ring) ........................ the bell. He (4- have) ........................ a big box for my mum because it was her birthday.

B- Choose the correct verb to complete the sentences. (4 M.)
1- It's very cold. I'm sure the lake could / is going to freeze.
................................................................................................................................................
2- This painting could / is going to win the competition, but it's not the best painting here.
................................................................................................................................................
3- This new medicine will help to win / save thousands of lives. .................................................................................................................................................
4- I sometimes do / make voluntary work for a charity.
.................................................................................................................................................

C- Order the words to make sentences. (4 M.)
1- abroad my works sometimes father
2- you watch do TV the in always evening?
3- phones never he me
4- not good maths I’m at very

Vocabulary, Spelling & Punctuation (18 marks)
Q3. A- Complete the sentences by choosing the correct word. (5 M.)
1- There are a lot of cars and people where I live. It is a very ............. city.
a) lovely b) crowded c) dirty
2- My friend has an ............. style. She always wears beautiful scarves and necklaces.
a) attractive b) awful c) expensive
3- Our class has decided to ............. money to help disabled people.
a) take b) plan c) raise
4- My uncle is a ............. carpenter. He uses wood to make amazing pieces of furniture.
a) voluntary b) talented c) terrible
5- This computer is too expensive. I think we can get it for a better ............. in another shop.
a) material b) catalogue c) price

B- Match the verbs (1-5) with the expressions (a-e). (5 M.)
1- book a- a high mountain
2- climb b- a lot of money
3- earn c- a plane ticket
4- repair d- a letter from a friend
5- receive e- a broken computer

C- Complete the sentences with the plural form of the words in brackets. (5 M.)
1 London and Tokyo are the most expensive ............. (city) in the world.
2 Babies have very small ............. (foot).
3 This rich businessman prefers wearing silver ............. (watch).
4 My aunt and uncle have three ............. (child).
5 Kamil has never seen those ............. (man) before.
D- Write the words in the text correct correctly. (2 M.)
My father is an archaeologist. He knows a lot about old languages and (1) htsiroy .................. . He has travelled around the (2) owldr .................. to see (3) aeninct .................. monuments. He often tells us stories about the (4) cturule .................. of the past.

E- Re-write the sentence with the correct punctuation. (1 M.)
Where is layla I dont know

Q4. Oral Component (10 marks)
A- Complete the dialogue with the expressions from the list. (5 M.)
(play the guitar other hobbies Not very well play any sport play a musical instrument)
TALAL: Can you (1) ............................................?
JAMIL: Yes, I (2) .............................................
TALAL: How well do you play?
JAMIL: (3) ............................................. I prefer playing sports. Do you (4) ............................................?
TALAL: No, I don't.
JAMIL: How about (5) ............................................?
TALAL: I like playing computer games.

B- Complete the dialogue with the expressions from the list. (5 M.)

(I feel like going to the cinema What time is good for you Are you free on Tuesday
Shall we ask Khaled to Do you want to do something)

WALEED: (1) ............................................?
HAMZA: Not this Tuesday, but I do have time on Wednesday. (2) ............................................?
WALEED: Yes, (3) ............................................ .
HAMZA: That would be great. Where should we meet?
WALEED: I’ll pass by your place. (4) ............................................?
HAMZA: Six o’clock.
WALEED: Ok. (5) ............................................ come with us?
HAMZA: Yes, that’s a good idea.

Q5. Literature Spot (10 marks)
Answer the following questions about “The War of the Worlds”.

1- Why did the Martians attack Earth? (2 M.)
2- Why couldn’t the people communicate with the Martians? (2 M.)
3- Did the Martians win the War of the Worlds? How did the war end? (3 M.)
4- Do you think advanced technology is always useful? Why / why not? (3 M.)

Q6. Written Component (25 marks)
Choose ONE of the questions below and write a paragraph answer.

1- Write an e-mail to your penfriend about what you do at the weekend. Use the following information:
- Do you usually have a lot of homework?
- What hobbies do you have?
- Do you like to read? What kind of books do you read?
- Do you keep a diary? What do you write about?

2- Write a description of someone you know well. The following information will help you:
- what he/she looks like (hair, face, clothes...)
- what type of person he/she is (personality, likes / dislikes...)
- why you like him/her

ابو احمد الاسدي

المساهمات : 26
تاريخ التسجيل : 17/04/2012

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

- مواضيع مماثلة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى